Monday, August 4, 2008

Why I get up at 7 a.m.....


Normally I try to keep this blog focused on resources that are beneficial to you all but today I felt like sharing and updating you on my journey to physical fitness.

I get up at 7 a.m. a minimum of 5 times a week to workout.

7 a.m. may not seem early to some of you but I am not a morning person at all. I try to arrange my life so that I don't have do anything important before 11 am. So imagine my dismay when I realized the only way I could exercise on a regular basis was if I got up at 7 a.m.


My hour worth of exercise consists of running 20 minutes straight at 6.0 mph, walking uphill at 13.0 incline for 5 minutes, running for an additional 5 minutes at 6.0 -7.0 mph, and then walking for 2 - 3 min. After that I do weight training which include squats, lunges,free weights, and the weight machines my gym. I alternate between upper and lower body daily. Then I do about 50 crunches on a the statbliity ball. I followed this routine a niminimum of 5 days/week. This has been my routine for the past 5 months and I have dropped 2 dress sizes ( b4 14 to now 10) and about 25 lbs. I am very happy with my success and motivated to continue until I reach my goals.


Now that it has become such a routine for me, getting up at 7 is no longer a big deal and it is so worth the sacrifice. I've gotten to the point now where i acually enjoy exercising and I feel awful if a day goes by and I didnt get to exercise. While I have been doing great with the exercise my diet needs alot of improvement. I eat pretty healthy during the week but on the weekends it is quite difficult because I'm always going out to eat with my boyfriend or friends. I'm going to try and get better though.


That's all for me today, now I want to know about you!

I really would like to hear your experiences please share your success or difficulties.

What have you Sacrificed?

Share your Success Stories or Barriers you have experienced.

4 comments:

Mrs. Brookaltimore said...

Congrats on your success!! I definitely need the inspiration right about now. lol

Catherine said...

I try to work out 5 times a week, usually Monday-Friday. I get to the gym between 6-7 AM each morning. I lost over 20 lbs in 2002, and this in addition to portion control at most meals has helped me maintain the weight loss. In the summer I try to play a sport so I don't get burnt out from the gym.

I wish you continued success!

redhotmama said...

congratulations!

i just started getting up at 5am b/c i am not a morning person at all either. if i wake up any later, i'll be late for work.

i'm going to print out your routine and try it out for myself.

thanks.

Fitness Goddess said...

Thanks so much for the love guys! The motivation is really helpful :-P