Monday, August 4, 2008
Love Handles: How Dating Affects Your Health
*Woman that were regularly dating gained an average 15 pounds over 5 years.
* Women that were living with their partner gained an average of 18 pounds over 5 years
* Women that were married gained 24 pounds!
(from the american obesity society)
I found these statisitics to be interesting because I have heard guys complain about how their girl "got fat on them" when they settled down. Well, statisically speaking it seems that it is true. There are many reasons this may occur. You may be influenced by your partners eating habits, you may stop working out as much because your spending so much time with your boo, or you may just lose focus because your so happy.
Dining out more often is another probable cause for signficant weight gain. My boyfriend and are constantly going out to eat and if I wasn't working out so much I probably would have gained alot of weight. Well, whatever the reason I've got some tips to prevent it from happening
In this month's issue of Shape they have great tips on how you can dine out and avoid all that weight gain!
1. When the food arrives, tell a story to give him lead-time. That way he'll finish first and you'll be less likely clean your plate
2. Another trick is starting with a filling, low-calorie appetizer, like gazpacho or tuna tartare. This satisfies you on fewer calories, so you won't be famished and overdo it when your entrée arrives.
3. Once you realize where you splurge when sharing a meal together, set rules for yourself. Suggest ordering wines by the glass instead of a bottle. If he enjoys dessert after every meal, split one with him or have a cappuccino instead.
4. You can also bank some calories by carving out time for exercise before meeting up. Sneak in a sweat session while he's watching the game or during your lunch break
1. Workout together- It's great to have a running or gym partner. This way you make sure that you're both staying slim and trim and you can motivate each other!
2. Remember he is a man he can eat a ton more than you and not gain a pound (sorry..it's life)
Has dating ever caused you to gain weight?
Posted by Fitness Goddess at 2:30 PM