Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Maintaining Weight Loss
So I realized today that I have maintained my weight loss (40 lbs) for almost a year now....
Just in case you are not familiar with my story I started working out hardcore February of 08 and lost most of the weight by August of 08. I went from a size 14 to a size 8. I achieved this by jogging. I started off jogging a few blocks and now I run 4-5 miles regularly. In the beginning I was working out about 6 days a week, now I do 5 days. I also cut down on fast food (except subway), fried foods, and sweets.
Anyway I wanted to share some of the strategies I used to maintain my weight loss.
1. Finding creative ways to exercise--Swimming, dance class, different exercise DVDs see my post Tired of the Gym
2. Drinking Green Tea all day--Green tea boosts your metabolism and it has worked wonders for me .
3. Continuing to work out at least 4 days a week. If you really want to maintain your weight loss you have to continue to be physically active, so find something you enjoy.
4. Using Calorieking.com to look up foods before eat (especially for restaurant food).
5. Weight Training- In the past 3 months I have not really lost any more weight. But I have managed to drop a size my weight training and toning.
6. The most important tip I have is try new things. You have to change up your routine (eating and exercise) otherwise your hard work is less effective. So use magazines to help you stay creative (Fitness, Shape, and Oxygen). I use this magazines to find new exercises to add to my routine. They also regularly have healthy eating tips (i.e. best 100 calorie ice cream)
My next step is to continue toning until I get my bikini body! I am going to change things up by signing up of the American Heart Association free 12-week online nutrition program. I am looking for two more women to sign up with me. You will receive the BetterU kit for more info click HERE. If you are looking to lose some weight or just get healthier this is great opportunity for you. Questions??? Please email me at email@example.com
What tips do you have for maintaining weight loss?