Monday, May 11, 2009
Tired of the GYM?
Ladies are you tired of the gym? Then take a break and do something fun.....
Your health is a lifetime commitment so you might as well find a way to enjoy eating healthy and exercising. There is no reason exercise should be a chore. Especially in the summer, there are tons of thing to do....I am currently on a quest to find a new physical activity that I can do in addition to my regular work out. Here are some things I came up with (some are local...chicago), hopefully you will find it helpful.
1. Bike Riding.---I'd rather ride than run any day. Try bike riding with ur honey or friends. Make an effort to do it a couple of times week.
2. Cardio Pole Dance Class--- Check out these inexpensive classes at the Discovery Center Chicago. 6 sessions for $89 If you don't live in Chicago; than look for similar classes at community centers in your city. The discovery center also has tons of other classess (African Dance, Burlesque, Hip Hop Dance)
3. Flirty Fun Girl Fitness---If you have extra cash to spare checkout Flirty Fun girl fitness they have a range of classes (Pole dancing and strip tease). They also have a DVD collection so you can practice at home.
3. Belly Dancing- Try a class or DVD this is a great way to tone your tummy
4. Rekindle your relationship with your favorite sport. The Chicago Sport and Social Club has several leagues you can join. Or look for a league at your local park district.
5. Walk or Run for a cause. Use this link to locate different races for great causes (races any many different cities).
Hopefully this will help you all find fun ways to tone up, slim down, or maintain this summer. Depending on your weight loss goals you should still get some weight training or more cardio in. My plan is to substitute two days in the gym with a fun a class, bike riding, or swimming.
Other fun ways to exercise?
Summer weightloss plans?