Thursday, June 18, 2009

THINK U R FIT?


Real quick post today; look for my advice post coming tomorrow. Also, if you are looking for specific workout/hair/health tips email me at nubianfitnessgoddess@gmail.com I will post your questions offer some suggestions and encourage other women to do the same (via comments).


Now to my story.......
I am no novice to exercise and I consider myself to be in relatively good shape. I can run 5 miles ( @ 9 min/mile) and I lift weights regularly. But that did not at all prepare me for what I encountered today. I went to a SPINNING class. It was so intense my instructor pushed us to the Max. 45 minutes of spinning and I was soaked and whupped. Today I truly realized the importance of changing up your workouts. You have to be honest with yourself, if your workouts are no longer challenging find something new. My plan is to substitute spinning for running at least twice a week. This should really tone my legs.

If you have not tried spinning you definitely should. It is a really intense experience and according to my instructor you burn 600-800 calories in 45 minutes. You have to definitely push yourself though (or find a great instructor who will push you). Oh and a warning for ladies who got a little extra meat on the bottom (like me) you may want to double up your towel and put it on the seat...because those seats are tooo narrow.

Between spinning classes and weight lifting I'll reach my goal soon. I also think I will add some yoga into the mix.,

So Ladies, the take home message is be sure to Challenge yourself and Change it up every now and then.

Comment!!

Have you ever tried spinning?

How do you keep your workout challenging??

New workouts I should now about??? Please share


Oh and I repeat.....
My next step is to continue toning until I get my bikini body! I am going to change things up by signing up of the American Heart Association free 12-week online nutrition program. I am looking for two more women to sign up with me. You will receive the BetterU kit for more info click HERE. If you are looking to lose some weight or just get healthier this is great opportunity for you. Questions??? Please email me at nubianfitnessgoddess@gmail.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yea cycling will definitely kick your butt! I tried it once...key word ONCE and my butt was sore for days!!! But seriously, it was a great experience. It's one of those classes where you feel like you have accomplished something in the end :)

F.Y. said...

YES I TRIED IT AND WAS AN INTENSE WORKOUT. IT WAS A FREE TREAT FOR ME SO IT WAS JUST FOR THAT ONE TIME. AS FOR THE SEAT YOU CAN PURCHASE A GEL SEAT CUSHION I HAVE HEARD.
I WANT TO JOIN A FITNESS CENTER SOON. GOOD LUCK.

NZ said...

Hi

I have heard of spinning. Unfortunately my gym does not offer it but it sounds like a good alternative to running.

To challenge my workouts I make sure that I do 30 min cardio on treadmill then 30 min on cross trainer. I also love the stepper which keeps you sweating. I have a few Tae Bo DVDs and they are really challenging when I am at home. I read in a magazine that if you workout everyday or at least 5 days a week and do a exercise routine video at home also that you will lose weight fast. I focused on cardio alot but after reading an article it suggested more weight training and keep cardio to three times week. What do you think? I could also use some suggestions.

I do however have a problem with toning. I am losing my once juicy derrierre which I expect because of the working out but since I have a goal of 10 lbs I want to tone more. My figure is slimming but I am losing the curves. Do you have suggestions on toning the body? I am open to a new routine or something that has worked for you.

Does anyone know how often to change workout? Every two weeks or one week

gsutiger2 said...

Spinning is no joke. Got to wal-mart or target and purchase a seat cushion (under $11). Your butt will hurt until you become used to spinning. My instructor warned me of this and said it would stop hurting if you continued. . . She was right.

Laura B said...

I tried it once and I was also sore for days. Haven't done it again since.