Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Healthy Vegetarian Greens

I would like to share my Healthy Receipe for Vegetarian Greens.

Vegetarian Greens.
My church had a farmers market on Saturday and Sunday. I was able to buy fresh organic greens. This is how I prepared them.

2 bunches of Organic Greens
1 Onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 turnip
4 cups of water
No Salt Seasoning

I learned to prepare greens from my Liberian sisters. Wash and chop greens. Chop the stems instead of pulling the leaves from the stem. The stem contain most of the vitamins and minerals. Peel and dice the onion. Smash and press the garlic. Peel and dice the turnip. Boil water add Knorr chicken buillion cube if you want meat flavor. Add all veggies to pot. Add No Salt Seasoning to flavor. Boil for 10 minutes. Stir and reduce heat for anoither 10 minutes. Turn off when greens are dark green and tender. Enjoy healthy no high blood pressure greens!

7 comments:

Tricia said...

This looks a recipe worth trying. We have a few farmers market events on the weekends in Orlando, I will have to check them out.

Fitness Goddess said...

Good Post,

I'm really focused on eating healthier and cooking for myself. I'm trying to avoid lean cusines too, so keep the recipes coming!

Laura B said...

Yum! I'd love to be a dinner guest of yours :) What would be for dessert?

Sarabeth Laguerre said...

Sounds great! Thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I would probably do a fruit sorbet. I will send receipe later.

Fitness Goddess said...

@ Anonymous please post the receipe, that would be great!

clay said...

If you give importance on the health of your body you are not only keeping yourself fit, you also save some money.