Sunday, July 5, 2009

MISSION POSSIBLE: BIKINI BODY WORKOUT PLAN




So the fiance and I are headed to the Beach this week for a little a R & R. So last week I decided to do a little shopping to find a bathing suit I liked. I decided to try on some Bikinis just for the HeLL of it. To my surprise I liked what I saw, so I purchased my first Bikini ever. It's kind of surreal to me considering my starting weight ( like 205, may be even higher cause I stopped weighing myself). Now don't get me wrong I still have some work to do but I am quite comfortable in my Bikini. Anyway I wanted to share with you some of the strategies I used in toning up this summer. I also wanted to share some articles that kept me motivated this summer.
My strategy:

This summer I really tried to mix things up. I started attending a variety of workout classes like spin, body combat, and body pump. I still run but only on days when I can't get to the gym (about twice a week). I also started lifting more weights (body pump is great for weight lifting). My advice is to constantly change up workout if you want to see results.

I also tried to change up my diet a little bit by increasing my fiber and protein. I typically eat fiber loaded cereal (oatmeal) and hardboiled eggs for breakfast (if I am in a hurry I eat Kashi Go Lean Crunch). I increased my green tea intake to a minimum of 3 cups a day. I also started drinking wine instead of cocktails and increased my fruit and veggie intake.

So if you haven't already sign up at your local gym/YMCA (they have classes too) and enroll in some workout classes. If you that's not option try Exercisetv.com for free workout videos. They have 88 free full length videos.

BIKINI BODY Resources

Beach Abs Workout Video

Bikini Body Workout (Fitness Magazine)

More advice at Fitsugar.com



Still got a little ways to go before you get into that Bikini? Essence Mag did a great article on Fly Swimsuits for Black Women.

Comment!

How are you summer weight loss goals coming??????


6 comments:

Laura B said...

So far I've lost 10 pounds. Do you think it is possible to lose weight and have it not come from your boobs? I'm in a no win situation here as I like them the size they are.

Shameless said...

Great blog!

Unknown said...

Weight loss is definitely a never ending thing. If we incorporate a proper maintenance plan into our every day schedule it will not feel so hard to carry out!

I love your blog...are you interested in a link exchange?

Petula said...

The only thing I'd like to do is lose the four pounds I gained over the weekend (lost 45 since Jan. 08) and tone up. The toning up seems to be the problem as I have no motivation to do it. Way to go on getting the bikini! Hope you had fun on your trip.

Fitness Goddess said...

Laura B: I'm not sure about that; it sux but we have no control over where it comes from

Brie: Thanks

Dorothy L: Sure! I'd love to.

Petula: Wow! Congrats on the weight loss. Keep it up Lady!

Unknown said...

I'm doing the Bikini Body workout too! I love your blog by the way :) I found a diet plan via Women's Health Magazine online as well. and I totally reccommend the Special K crakers. Anyhow, I've lost 10lbs so far, I'm trying to turn up my workout everyday though. Thanks for the inspiration!