Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Stay Motivated, Keep it Fresh : What to do when your Workout gets boring

Stay Motivated! Keep It Fresh!

I have been hitting the treadmill hard for the past 3 months and it has been well worth it. I have increased my running speed and endurance. In addition to the cardio I have been doing lunges, crunches, pilates, using weight machines, etc. I'm losing my motivation a little because it is so repetitive. So I spent sometime today figuring out ways to to keep it fresh. I saw a Commercial for Carmen Electra's striptease videos and it looks fun. So, I have plans to give that a try.

If you starting to lose your motivation like me, try adding a form of exercise that doesn't really seem like exercise to your routine. Try taking, salsa, belly dancing, striptease, or hip hop dance classes. If you don't have time for classes buy a video or Youtube. I also hear that Wii Fit is a good way to do yoga or pilates.


I am putting together some resources check back shortly!
Also, comment with your stories:
How do you stay motivated
What Are creative ways you have found to exercise


Resources
www.aerobicstriptease.com
chicago.flirtygirlfitness.com/about/index.html
www.nintendo.com/wiifit


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the same problem. Maybe there is a such thing as a 3 month hump. LOL My aunt sent me a salsa workout DVD and it has done wonders.

Now I am about to start exercise classes at a local gym.