Thursday, July 30, 2015

ZUMBA GROUPIES

ZIN JAM SESSION PATRICIA MENDOZA LATIN BEATS STUDIO
ZIN JAM SESSION PATRICIA MENDOZA LATIN BEATS STUDIO

I attended my first ZIN JAM SESSION which was led by Patricia Mendoza of Latin Beats Studio.

We began the session in a circle introducing ourselves. I was surprised to hear that many of the 

participants were ZUMBA GROUPIES. Several people stated that they were instructors who did not

 teach but loved ZUMBA so much they just wanted to attend ZIN JAM SESSIONS to learn

 choreography. I thought this was an interesting concept and label. I guess I am beginning to fall into

 being a ZUMBA GROUPIE. 



Janice practicing ZIN JAM choreography by Patricia Mendoza to Shuub Out by T.O.K.
Janice practicing ZIN JAM choreography by Patricia Mendoza to Shuub Out by T.O.K.


My daughter, Sunny who is the creator of the Nubian Fitness Goddess blog and a PHD. Dr. of 

Clinical Behavioral Psychology has taught me to be okay with being a ZUMBA GROUPIE.

I was interpreting it as I was not completing something else in my life. I added the meaning

that an incomplete is a failure. My daughter told me that I don't look like I am having fun practicing

the same routine for an hour over and and over again. I guess I am too heavy. I am so focused on

 trying to make it as a ZUMBA Instructor that I am not enjoying the journey. So I have decided to

chose to lighten up and have fun.

Share your experience of wanting something so bad that you forget to have fun and enjoy the

moment!


No comments: