- Regular exercise. Just 45 minutes to an hour of cardio a day can help. Need more proof? A recent University study showed that black women who exercise drop their risk of breast cancer by 65%!
- Cut back on the alcohol. Instead that vino afterwork, snuggle up with a cup of hot cocoa.
- Eat less red meat. Who doesn't love chicken?
- Increase your calcium.
- Reduce your fat intake and increase your veggies.
- Know your family history. The more you know if you breast cancer runs in your family, the more you and your doctor can work together to keep your breasts healthy.
- Be sure your doctor does an exam at least once every 3 years. And do a yearly self breast exam.
Need more? We found SELF magazine's(co-founder of the PINK ribbon) Women's (UnScary) Cancer Handbook Resource Guide.
*Photo Credit: Essence.com