Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Power of the Stairmaster!


Today at the gym, I decided to use the machines for my cardio workout. I've noticed how the stairmaster is rarely used, which I love, because I hate having to fight for a machine. I started to think: Why is it rarely used compared to the other machine? Maybe because it looks to easy? Maybe because it looks to hard? Everyone is so quick to jump on the treadmill but sometimes the gym is packed, so you need to be creative in the limited time you have.

Don't be afraid of the stairmaster! You can start of easy, by choosing the manual option and keeping it a low level. You can pick up the speed or slow it down to your comfort level as well. I think some people also think everyone is watching you because you're so high up and you stand out. Trust me, everyone is on their own lil' world listening to music, watching the TV, or keeping track of how many minutes they have left. If they are watching, its because you look HOT!

Here are some perks to the stairmaster:
-Cardio enhancer: it works the heart and challenges your fitness. You can always increase your level of work when you're ready to move to the next level.
-Calorie buster: Just 30 minutes can burn 200-250 calories on average, depending on your weight and such.
-Curves creator: Black women, and women of all shapes and colors, love their curves! And the stairmaster loves them too. This machine will tone and strengthen your lower bottom half for sexy legs, calves, and, of course, the booty! You'll be jumping at the chance to wear those lil' shorts when summer hits.


Need more convincing? Check out this weight-loss inspiration story from Women's Health Magazine! Taisha Juanita Hayes from Washington, DC discovered the Stairmaster and went from a size 12 to a size 8 and lost 20 lbs.

So stop reading this blog, grab your gym bag, and get to that Stairmaster! And if you don't have a gym, use the steps in your house or a local building with plenty of stairs.

Yours truly,


Rosethefitnessinstructor

2 comments:

Fitness Goddess said...

The stairmaster has always scared me...lol...i can never get into a groove on that thing..but I may give it a try again

Anonymous said...

I seriously injured myself a few times on those things. I could never get the rhythm down of walking but not really walking you know?

My best, Lynn
*swing by my space, I am hosting a mega giveaway extravaganza this week!