How do you boost your work out and reach your goal? (scenario B)
Scenario A: You may be at a point where you are close to reaching your fitness goals and your are loving your beautiful body.
If you are at this point it is critical for to come up with a maintenance plan. You don't want all that hard work to go to waste, do you? So what are going to do to maintain your weight loss?
This tips are helpful for maintaining weight loss from www.diet-blog.com
The National Weight Control Registry looks at what successful weight maintainers (people who lost at least 30 pounds and kept it off for at least a year) have in common. They have published their results in a number of articles.
The Keys to Maintaining Weight Loss
From the above research.
- Exercise - Those who continued on with exercise were much more likely to maintain their loss.
- Not Sedentary - Hours spent in front of the computer or TV were closely correlate with regain.
- Lost weight slowly - Regainers were more likely to be those who had lost large amounts of weight in short periods of time.
From the Weight Control Registry:
- They watch portion sizes.
- Four in five eat breakfast every day of the week.
- Most are physically active, with walking being their most common form of activity.
- They actually find pleasure in their healthier lifestyle.
Scenario B (like me): Or you may be getting close to your goal but still have alot of work to do.
This is a critical time and it is important to keep it moving and pick up the pace!
Especially after the 4th of July you have to make sure you get back on track. Get back in the gym and resume your workout.
Here are my suggestions (my plan for the week)
1. Double your workout: If you normally workout 4-5 days a week, pick two days where you work out twice. Try to make the second workout something like a dance class or a sport you enjoy.
2. Get rid of all that BBQ food. Clear out (give away) any unhealthy food left from the weekend for BBQ.
3. Eat as many fruits and veggies as possible. Try and start the day with a fruit salad and make sure to end the day with some type of veggie along with your meat and whole grain.
more workout tips at womens health
Comment! Have any additional advice?
How do you maintain your weight loss?