Wednesday, July 8, 2015

My ZUMBA Choreography SUCKS!

Practicing My ZUMBA Choreography Jamaican Cumbia
Practicing My ZUMBA Choreography Jamaican Cumbia
PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT AND I NEED LOTS OF IT!

Yesterday was an off day for me, my mind and body were not in sync. I was just having one of those days. I got stuck in traffic and arrived late to ZUMBA class of my ZUMBA instructor mentor Stephanie. She has been gracious enough to include me in her busy schedule.

After class I spent about an hour practicing my ZUMBA choreography to one of my favorite songs Jamaican Cumbia. One can watch the video and see that I forget the routine. This road to becoming an excellent ZUMBA instructor may take a minute. I have so much to work on: learning the music, dance steps, and proper form.

I taught a class for about 25 minutes. I practice the choreography then I get in front of a class and forget the dance steps. I forget the variations to the dance moves. My routine is boring. I am not using the cues. I am not listening to the music. I only know three songs and ended up making dance routines. Class participants stopped dancing. One person went and got on their cell phone. I really was not prepared but it was a teaching moment for me. I really am not practicing hard enough.

It seems easy being a ZUMBA instructor.

Thank you to the class participants for allowing me to practice my ZUMBA choreography.  I have been on the other side thinking this instructor stinks now I know how it feels.

Time to go practice! I am not giving up!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I really applaud you on this! Not many of us will go out and be a zumba instructor! Awesome! I know you will kill it!