Monday, October 13, 2008

Spotlight on Fit and Fabulous Women: Jennifer Hudson


I noticed Jennifer Hudson's significant weight loss a while ago. She looks great and I thought it was worth paying her a tribute. I've come across a few blogs that heavily critiqued her album cover because of airbrushing. Well, I've seen her several pictures and she looks great consistently.

Here's some background on Jennifer Hudson's Fitness story via ifitandhealthy.com

Before competing in 2004’s Idol, the 5-foot-9 Jennifer Hudson, 25, had already accomplished a major feat: losing 60 pounds!

“I used to wear size 22,” (who cut out fried foods and jogged to slim down) tells Us Weekly magazine.

Yet, for Dreamgirls, the Golden Globe nominee actually had regain 20 pounds, which she piled on with cakes, cookies and inactivity.

“It bothered me to not workout,” she tells Us.

As soon as filming wrapped in May, Hudson returned to her healthy habits – and her fighting weight.

Jennifer Hudson’s Diet

“It’s all about healthy living,” says Hudson, whose staples include green salads, fish, chicken and cranberry juice. Her stay-energized snacks: cashews, almonds and raisins.

Jennifer Hudson’s Workout

Chicago-based trainer La-Fonza Alston gave Hudson a plan she can do on the road: squats, pushups and abs (four sets of 25 each), plus running. “I never would have guessed I’d be up at 4 a.m. to run,” she says. “I love it!”


Jennifer Hudson also addressed those that suggested that she was airbrushed on her album cover in an article in the Chicago Sun Times.

Her response:

‘‘I’m totally comfortable with my size, and I’d never do anything to alter it. I get complimented by people every day on my ‘weight loss,’ and I tell them, ‘I just stepped out of the TV.’ The camera alters your image.’’

She also plans to start a clothing line in the near future...how exciting. To me Jennifer Hudson is quite an inspiration.

Comment!
Who inspires you?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

She does look great....I remember reading somewhere when they were about to release her album that she had lost even more weight for the album...

I thinks she looks great at every size...

afrodisia said...

I love JHUD! She's fabulous and can really sing, which is not the case of all of her peers, let's be honest.

But she knows that mess was airbrushed. Stop it. Everyone get's airbrushed, even if you are a size 0, it's the nature of the beast that is the entertainment industry.

I actually saw her perform about 6 weeks ago. She's not a big girl by any means. Healthy sized, a "10," perhaps. They are not lying when they say the camera adds some pounds. She looked very trim in person, but she looked bigger on the close curcuit TV they had at the club. Go figure.

Nonetheless, like any confident, beautiful woman of any size or shape, she walked onto the stage like she owned it and sang her heart out. Fierce!

Anonymous said...

@ afrodisia

i also love JHUD! she's gorgeous

Anonymous said...

The lady in black is looking great. Many of us are finding it difficult to get good personality like her. A pile of fat is getting deposited under us unnoticed by us. weight loss program do a great work for getting rid of these piles of fat.

Anonymous said...

she looks great! omg